Thursday, June 11, 2015

"Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss



"Today you are You,
that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is
Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss


"This is me, I mean this is I, but I have to say  ' I'  so you will know it is me, but then you knew it was me, didn't you?" is as close as I can remember to a message I left on a friends phone, they found it so humorous that they kept on their answering machine for awhile.

I have to agree it is funny, but it is also accurate.  Even though one is always a work in progress, that work in progress is unique, uniquely oneself.  No matter how hard one tries, one cannot morph into someone else.  Yes, I know how simple that sounds, even sounds easy even.  But it is not.   Life, may-be survival has conditioned us to strive for better, and for some reason, that "better"  is always out side our selves, not inside.  I think the "better" is within us all.

Throughout my life I have collected bits and bobs, ideas and mannerisms from other people I have admired or who have taught me valuable lessons, but I am still me.  Just as people who have gone to great lengths, event undergone plastic surgery to look like someone they admire, they are still themselves. Seems easier to just be yourself.  No wonder people call me lazy.

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...