Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Winter, phoey

 
 
OK! OK! I have had more than enough winter.  perhaps one shouldn't resort to violence of clumsy attempts at kitchen voodoo, but one has reached ones breaking point, the unrelenting snow and cold have put a crimp in my traveling style, a catch in my plans and a creek in my back.  The vast ocean of white I was trying so hard to tolerate, well it's just not tolerable anymore.
Yes, my valiant attempt has failed  I am a summer person marooned on the only island in a sea of winter.  I am trying to grow celery on the windowsill above my sink, I have planted avocado seeds, read books, rewatched movies I didn't really like the first time, and it is just too cold and the snow is too deep to enjoy going for a walk.
Not even a stiff drink from a mason jar of some apple pie flavored drink can ease my sinking heart.
 
 
 
~~unknown

Everyday, and several times a day, I check 3 different weather sites, for a glimpse of relief, and find none.
Even the weather man has forsaken me,  Perhaps this is revenger for my not completing my post on National Weatherpersons Day.    Ten thousand pardons I beg you and I promise, nay I swear on my most prized possessions, and yes they are my collection of kitchen cutlery, I will not forget you next year.  I learned my lesson.   Though I am not sure if that lesson is "Mother nature always wins"  or "get used to winter or move somewhere else".


 

2/5/15: 555am EST
February 5 is National Weatherperson's Day, commemorating the birth of John Jeffries in 1744. Jeffries, one of America's first weather observers, began taking daily weather observations in Boston in 1774 and he took the first balloon observation in 1784. This is a day to recognize the men and women who collectively provide Americans with the best weather, water, and climate forecasts and warning services of any nation.





 

Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...