Sunday, June 1, 2014

"gave springtime a miss and went straight on to....

Winter was long and harsh and cold and how I longed for Spring.  And I waited, but not not so very patiently for it. 
And then spring came!
And it came with a rush
And a swirl of everything that had been waiting to bloom.
Everything blooming at once.
Every blade of grass, every tree every, weed, every seed
exploded to life.
One week it was sleeting and the next week
there were tiny leaves on the trees.
Rare sights!
And i relished them all,
Bridalveil bush
forsythia
red flowering juice
jonquil
wood Hyacinth
dog toothed violet
periwinkle
yellow lady slipper
trillium
blueberry
apple trees
scilla
columbine
forget-me-not
lily of the Valley
lilac
celdane
 all are in bloom at once.
I think it unlikely I will ever see this again.
 
  
'


Then there are the blossoms I don't know the names of.   Ah so many things, simple things that make my heart sing. 


The Old Farmer used to say that "if it's a good lilac year, it's gonna be a good garden year."    And so it goes on this first day of June, this first day of meteorological summer.

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...