Friday, July 27, 2012

Golden moments of quiet

I think that storms are beautiful, a terrible and awe inspiring beauty, but beautiful just the same.  

The first thing I do when I see a strom coming is grab my camera and try to photograph lightening.   So far I haven't succeeded, even though the thunder rolled continuously for almost half an hour today.   As usual there was plenty of traffic even during the downpour.

I have often said that the only time I notice the traffic sounds are when there aren't any, and briefly during the most intense part of the storm, there were several golden moments when the roar of thunder  and the pelting rain were the only sounds.



In those few golden moments there was a peacefulness and serenity in the chaos of the storm. 

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...