Saturday, June 30, 2012

thinking about strength

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't." ~sent to me by Suzie,  author unknown


I have always believed that kindness, gentleness came from strength. And from the security of self confidence, but I have never thought about where strength comes from. 
Even if you try to keep Karma in mind in all of your actions, it doesn't mean there will never be trying times. Life is just that way. Sometime damned mysterious in it's ways.  
 




We all find our strength from different sources, that much I am sure of.  The words by Chief Dan George "may silence make you strong."  speak loudly in my heart.  In that silence, that solitude, where one can open their heart and mind without the intrusion of others. I feel the the strength rise in my heart,  and the reassurance of those who have gone before me and the guidance of a greater Spirit who knows me better than I know myself. 

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...