Thursday, June 14, 2012

Someday we'll find it

~ The Rainbow Connection ~
Kenneth Ascher and Paul Williams
Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
... Rainbow's are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far
What's so amazing
That keeps us star gazing
What so we think we might see

Someday we'll find it
That Rainbow Connection
The lovers the dreamers and me

Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Are these the sweet sounds that called
The young sailors
I think they're one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
There's something that I'm supposed to be

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me


I glanced out the window and there was a rainbow, grabbing my camera I ran out the door,   It was already beginning to fade, and in the time it took to snap 4  photos its was gone, well gone from the sky but certainly not my heart.

That was a couple of days ago and I still  feel the  wonder, just about like the first time I ever say a rainbow.   That something that lifts you out of yourself and  makes one feel like a part of the grand order of things, a gift of connection.

In that  dark and nearly empty movie theatre, where I sat,fidgeting, through the Muppet Movie, other than Kermit, who is as my loyal readers know  is my favorite Philosopher,  and Miss Piggy who is, um well she is, she has this unique view of life, which, OK I can't explain it other than she makes me laugh, I am not a Muppet fan. 
I would not have gone to this movie, I was talked into it.

Kermit began to sing The Rainbow Connection, sweet lilting .  I felt the essence of Paul Williams words.  And now over 30 years later I am even more sure her is right, there is something we are, each of us meant to be.
And when we find out what it is, we will be content and may-be even happy, just being , just being our self.





Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...