Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Spring Fever meet Synethesia

This was one of those days when I had more errands than I thought I could finish, and besides it was cold and rainy and I wanted to stay in bed.
But I loaded up the plastic, metal and glass recycling , and the packages that needed to be mailed, and the, hardware stuff they needed to be returned,  scribbled a list for what I need at the Dollar General and a list for what I needed from Baughmans, and put supper together, ready to bake up when I came home.

Then I was off, tunes blasting, hoping that I wouldn't see any sights that were worthy of a photograph because one, I was feeling too lazy to get out of the car and two, I had forgotten the camera, and that would make me even grumpier.

First step, er I mean stop the Library, for tax info booklets and forms.  The Library is a wonderful resource, there it is the world of information at your fingertips.  I can't say enough good things about  Public Libraries.

Next recycling, oh my do I love the sound of those recyclables clunking into the bin.  I get jolly proud and self important about my recycling efforts....and because I am worn out by just thinking about my day, I will spare my gentle readers any further comment on this subject.

Next the Post office, another wonderful convince that politicians like to pick on. Politicians, bah humbug!

First aid stuff bought, I stop for some veg and 50 pounds of potatoes....but what ho??? Jelly beans, spice jelly  beans, no less.  Well I know sugary stuff is unhealthy, which is code for tastes good and sets off the contentment centers of the brain And so I bought a  couple of pounds. 

The dinner safely in the oven, I sat in my favorite  chair, and watched the icy rain falling.  I felt very cold inside, and more than a little bit sorry for myself.  Then I reached into my sack of spice jelly beans, picking out first some black ones, because I don't like licorice very much. then the spicy pink, yellow, green, it was like seeing springtime and Easter, remembering that in my childhood memories,  there are no Jelly Beans, and jelly beans were for Easter only. I swear the sun started to shine and there were crocus. and forsythia blooming.  And may-be even birds singing.  Now where is my Easter Basket???    I am not one to get a sugar rush and there really isn't much sugar in jelly beans anyway, they are mostly gelatin, which is high in protein, or so I am told.   My contentment centers were very pleases with me.



YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...