Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a pile of purple yarn

"Been there , done that!
Bought the Tshirt.
Wore it out.
Tore it up and made rags out of it."

Referring as it does to something good or bad that took up a lot of space in a persons life.  Like may-be for real, their clothing.  Clothing is a practical object, at one time clothing was actually included in wills and bequests.  It does more that protect us from the elements,  and it says something about or taste, and lifestyle, and is possibly emblazoned with out current favorite phrase, it says something about how we live, and our economic status, though it is not always an accurate representation of ourselves.   clothing can be a sort of costume, something you wear for others to see, or it can be a soft  well worm pair of jeans and a cozy sweatshirt, that make you feel warm on a cold night.

I have jeans that, became shorts, shorts and jeans that have more patches than original fabric, work shirts that are masterpieces or nightmares of patchwork, some days I am a walking canvas of slap dash mending.

The other day my favorite purple sweater, that I bought at the Thrift Shop came out of the washer looking much more like a heap of purple yarn than a sweater.   For the last 10 or so years this has been my "go to" garment, soft , cozy, with very cool metal buttons, it went well with jeans, skirt and leggings, and over the years it got compliments regularly.  Now it is in ruins,  I got a lot of use out it, and now I face the daunting task of replacing it, or trying to.
And that is the hardest part.

 I think that Donovan Leach said it all, when he wrote this.

 Do you have a shirt that you really loveOne that you feel so groovy in?You don't even mind if it starts to fadeThat only makes it nicer still
I love my shirt, I love my shirtMy shirt is so comfortably lovelyI love my shirt, I love my shirtMy shirt is so comfortably lovely
Do you have some jeans that you really loveOnes that you feel so groovy in?You don't even mind if they start to frayThat only makes them nicer still
I love my jeans, I love my jeansMy jeans are so comfortably lovelyI love my jeans, I love my jeansMy jeans are so comfortably lovely
When they are taken to the cleanersI can't wait to get them home againYes, I take 'em to the cleanersAnd there they wash them in a streamScrub a rub dub dubAnd there they wash them in a stream, know what I mean?
Do you have some shoes that you really loveOnes that you feel so flashy in?You don't even mind if they start to get some holes inThat only makes them nicer still
I love my shoes, I love my shoesMy shoes are so comfortably lovelyI love my jeans, I love my jeansMy jeans are so comfortably lovely
I love my shirt, I love my shirtIn fact I love my wardrobe
I love my shirt, I love my shirtMy shirt is so comfortably lovelyI love my shirt, I love my shirtMy shirt is so comfortably lovely...
~Donovan

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...