Sunday, May 8, 2011

lunch on a sunny day

Mother's Day is a wonderful holiday. But it is also a greeting card holiday, and I have never really observed it. But this year, my son surprised me with lunch at my favorite Restaurant yesterday, and this morning Hubby made breakfast for me. I have spent much of the day looking for what ever it was they broke, because well this just doesn't happen. If there is any note taken of this day it is a bucket of chicken or something like that. So I am understandably worried, and just a little bit thrilled.

As I was getting ready to leave my my son said to me, I'll drive you to the store, you can take pictures on the way. Not that that never happens, actually it happens pretty often, anyway he said something about needing to make stop on the way so when we turned the wrong way as we left the driveway, it also didn't seem unusual. About 10 miles down the road I asked "Where are you going?" "I'm taking you to lunch for Mother's Day, and I know how much you don't like crowds, so we are going today. Look at that house!"

We rode on through town and then through the woods on a well traveled back road lined with old houses and new camps, and more than a few farms. the sly was alternately clear blue, then fluffy clouds then grey with a few raindrops, raindrops even feel from what appeared to be cloudless sky, I was so very much hoping to se a rainbow, but at least I saw a windmill, a model of one anyway



My son turned to me and said"You know, this is the first time we have ever come here when the sun was out." And he is right, for some reason we never go out to eat on sunny days. After an excellent meal, sweet potato fries, hot turkey salad,,,love that Diner Food.

Full pink moon April 23

    phlox, wood hyacinth look up at the full pink moon dew glows in it's light