Saturday, March 5, 2011

I would think


I walked out to enjoy the night.
It was warmer that it had been in months, and the scent of earth, and deep woods was enough to make me want to stand there forever, just stand there, and wait to see what happens next.
The bare branches, rustling a little in the breeze. As my eyes became more accustomed to the dark I could see more and more stars. If I didn't know those were suns in other solar systems, I would think that they were fires, very distant fires , blazing across the plain of the earth. I am sure I would wonder about the people who built those fires, were they peaceful, or were they warriors? Would I ever meet up with any of them, and would I want to?

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...