Monday, December 20, 2010

Wonderment



It has been a long time since the I last saw a full Lunar eclipse, and because of the weather, I am not sure if I will see this one.
I think back to the warm summer night when the moon slowly turned the color of rootbeer, hung there immense in the night sky and then slowly glided back to it's silvery color.

This December full moon is often called the Moon before Yule, or the Cold Moon. And as usual I have my own name for it. as it is truly the Moon of Wonderment.
A special time indeed because there has not been a eclipse, full moon and solstice together like this since 1554 or 1638 depending on how you recon it. The next won't be until2094, pretty sure I will miss that one. It feels very auspicious, very majical to me.
I had planned on posting a number of facts for my readers, but instead I will just post a photo of a lunar eclipse, and the solstice sun at New Grange., and a few facts.
I will be thinking of you all as I stand under the eclipsing moon tonight, even if I can't see it through the clouds, I will know it is there.


"On Tuesday, Dec. 21, we will hit the celestial trifecta with three red-letter events on the same date. It begins with the first total lunar eclipse since 2008, and the last visible here (weather permitting) until 2014. The period of totality begins at 2:40 a.m. EST and ends at 3:54 a.m.

In mid-eclipse, at 3:14 a.m., the moon will be full – a moon known to some as the Long Night Moon. And about 15 hours later, at 6:42 p.m., we’ll mark the winter solstice, and the official start of winter." -Frank Roylance

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...