Monday, August 9, 2010

Waning Days



The sun is getting lower in the sky and the light is getting more golden, even thought the weather feels like mid-summer, there are hints of autumn everywhere,
The delicate pinky purple bloom is on the thistle, and the St Michaelmas Daises are in bloom. Sneezeweed, which some people think is Black-eyed Susans, is a drift of blooms near the now empty house where the Old Farmer lived, this all seems to have come too early, but then I am one who thinks summer always comes to an end tooooooooooo soon.



I repeat to myself, "I will not complain about the heat", because I know what is coming, and to me it is worse. but soon the glory of autumn will be here, the last fiery color, Mother natures farewell tour.


For now my plan is to enjoy the waning days.

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...