Sunday, August 29, 2010

it's a bird, sorta


I like rocks, any size any type. Fossils are especially intriguing, they hold bits of the distant past, and at least to me they can even be be poetic and beautiful.
It is the belief of some people that memory can be stored in the silica of rocks similar to the way it is stored in a silicon chip. I will not agree or disagree with that, I just don't understand or know enough to have an opinion.
While I was weeding along the graveled pad outside of my back door I found this and it screamed at me. In the nicest possible way of course, I recognized it as being a slice of a shell, a very ancient shell, embedded in sandstone, but it so looks like a bird in flight.

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...