Saturday, June 26, 2010

Honey of a June Moon

Dyad moon. Lover's Moon, Strong Sun Moon, Honey Moon, Strawberry Moon and Rose Moon are some of the names the Full moon of June is known by.
A moon that has been visible in the afternoon sky for much of the month, a subtle and beautiful sight.





Honey moon. curiously, refers to actual honey, some saying that the moon is the color of honey because of the hazy humid nights, and some relating it to the harvest of wildflower and buckwheat honey.
To a gardener like myself, I would prefer it be called the Weedy Moon, as they seem to be doing very well at this time of year.



There was a partial eclipse last night, and I set my alarm only to see the moon slide down below the tree tops before i could see any real sign of the eclipse.



Tonight the sky is overcast, perhaps there will be a brief clearing, if not I still know that the full moon of June is serenely gazing down on me.



-eclipse photo by Jared Aicher

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...