Sunday, April 11, 2010

trailing arbutus

I knew daisys and buttercups, roses and Queen Ann's lace, the pretty pink blooms of the milkweed, the intensely fragrant honeysuckle, mountain laurel and the blossoms of may apple and leeks, and the then much taller tan me goldenrod, and shooting stars.
All of these grew near my home, I wandered around the hills, looking for what ever I could find, a neat looking stone, and interesting piece of junk, once found some clam shells, and occasionally
a clay or even better a glass marble.




One day I found this, tiny delicate flower, with an ethereal fragrance. I picked some and took it to my neighbor, Bette, I thought she knew everything about flowers, and may-be she did.

guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...