Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cadbury eggs



How many years ago, no it can't be over 30 years,that I was first introduced to this amazing candy, buy someone I have known for so long that I can't remember when we met. Sitting in the parking lot of a hardware store, I first sunk my teeth into a Cadbury egg. Ohing, and ahing at its gooy, syrupy, perfect, sugar buzz richness, I can still feel that explosive sweetness.
There I sat and relished the pleasure of my first Cadbury egg. the warming sun and the people walking past all faded away, I was,we were in candy heaven,
That sign of spring , joy wrapped in colored foil.
One year my Dad bought several boxes of the seasonal treat, on sale after Easter and enjoyed them until nearly Halloween. Of course they were carefully rationed, enjoyed as we sat on the swing and talked about the old days. In later years I watched with my father as my son enjoyed his first Cadbury egg.


guest blogger on 50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes

 Norma  Jean Mortenson,  thank you!         50 Marilyn Monroe Quotes That'll Make You Feel Empowered, Inspired and C...