Monday, January 4, 2010

I saw the moon and the moon saw me


Add ImageHere I go again, begging the readers pardon for yet another moon related post.
Winter is long and cold and boring. Over time I have learned how to find magic in the countless things I see around me.
I had hoped to see the"Icy Blue Moon" on New Year Eve, it was a relatively warm night and I went outside in the freezing drizzle many times trying to catch a glimpse. The sky had a luminosity above the tree line, but the moon remained hidden.
New Years day I went out for a very short walk, and found the stainless steel gazing ball that normally resides during the summer months in the peony bed. It must have rolled away while I was hurriedly putting away my tools and other garden decor. I picked it up and put it in the branches of an apple tree. Pleased with myself I took this picture.
Later that night I watched to catch a glimpse of the waning "Icy Blue Moon", blue moons being rare and this being rarer still, they are symbols of change and prophecy. But mostly because I wanted to see it. After I had turned out all the lights and was ready to sleep I looked one last time, there was a bright glow, and I thought to myself, "this is all I get to see, better than nothing"
The clouds thinned and cleared, there it was, I thought to grab my camera, but didn't want to look away, and just as quickly the clouds covered it up.

Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...