Monday, December 21, 2009

a daydream is a daydream





The shortest day of the year, and I am preparing Brussel sprouts for the freezer,
watching the flurries as I hold the last bits of summer sun and warmth in my hands, carefully trimming each sprout. Tomorrow the days start to get longer, even though the bulk of winter is ahead.
I watch the few bird picking at something in the lilacs and beyond them are the raspberries and currant, blueberries and the wooden box that shelters the now dormant asparagus crowns. It is so very quiet.
I can hear my thoughts, deep in this contemplation, or is it revelry I try to remember the scent of fresh raspberries and the heft of ripe pumpkins. The sweet and fresh taste of the first sugar pod peas, was that only a few months ago, because it seems like forever.
I can hear a faint clicking sound, branches, and I close my eyes....no doesn't work....winter is winter and a day dream is a daydream.
Tomorrow the days start getting longer

Guest blogger on Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game

It's nearly here!   Tsougrisma: The Greek Easter Egg Game   Wooden spoons and a straw nest holding Greek red Easter eggs.   © Provided ...