Friday, June 5, 2009

the parlor

I fancy this picture was taken in the parlor , this ancient woman with her Bible, seated contentedly among her treasures. The beautiful things she so carefully tended, for one only went into the parlor on special occasions, or to dust it.
We had a parlor in the house I "grew up" in, and woe be to anyone who got caught lounging around on the very comfy sofa, and it was the most serious crime to be caught with any sort of food in the parlor, even on Christmas, even if you were a guest.
My home has a parlor, you can snooze on the very comfy sofa, read listen to music, look at the accumulated treasures, but no food or drink, even if you are a guest and even if it is Christmas,

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...