Friday, May 15, 2009

lilacs


Whilst I was surveying the work that needed doing in my flower beds, ambition having overtaken me, again. I heard a voice behind me say " If its a good lilac year, its gonna be a good garden year."
I stood up and waved, not sure who this person was, and not wanting to be rude. He continued walking down the highway, which is what you do in a town with no sidewalks.

It might be true, there was no frost to kill the developing apple blossoms, perhaps the beechnuts and other fruiting plants would benefit also. But the lilacs are Amazing. Last years early snow caught them with leaves still on, many of the ancient branches broke under the weight, but those that remain are covered with blooms, even the white ones which are usually sparse with their bloom are covered.
The aroma is rich and hangs in the air like a gentle dream, it surrounds me and carries me off to someplace lost in time, a still and quiet place, just me and the bees.

YUM!, guest blogger on making Naan....something I am new to and still working on

  Naan is tasty!   I wanted to make some, and from there on out, wellllllllllll, it's been a learning experience!   And I don't give...